Today is my birthday and yesterday I got back from a nice, but long trip to my home state of WA (which I will blog about in a couple days). The reason I share these fun facts is not to solicit birthday wishes (who am I kidding, gimme), but rather to illustrate that (a.) I am exhausted, and (b.) it’s my birthday so anything goes, including this blog post.
I now crown this post “RANDOM MUSINGS.”
1. Dear Wes Anderson (you sneaky fox,)
You have officially done it again. And thus you remain my all time favorite director. In return for all the joy in my life that you have brought me, I will proudly spread the word of your fantastic new film, Moonrise Kingdom. Everyone who is anyone should go see this movie, for it is sweet, imaginative, and transfers you to a world full of fond childhood memories and your first experience of crush-induced butterflies. It is beautifully quirky, whimsically dark, and brilliantly funny. The film is stylized in such a way that it could only be yours, yet the eloquent dance between love and melancholy, I believe, in this movie is the strongest of all your past work, followed closely perhaps by The Royal Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic. Hats off to you, sir (again.)
The best part is, I know when I watch it again, I will find a million more things I love about it.
2. There are few things that infuriate me more than when cops are talking on the phone whilst driving. It is illegal for me, it should be illegal for you.
3. Groundhog Day is a much better film than I remember it being.
4. Which is worse for you Aspartame or High Fructose Corn Syrup?
5. My friend is getting a loft in downtown LA and I am going to help decorate it, YAY!! Watch out Rose Bowl, Long Beach, and Santa Monica Flea Markets! Also she writes a killer blog that I read every day and you should too!
6. I wish I could sing so that I could be on the Glee Project.
7. I started my graphic design certificate at OTIS College of Art and Design and I COULD NOT BE MORE STOKED! So far it has been a blast and makes me so very excited about the future.
8. I am DIY-ing, believe it or not, just my current project has taken a tad bit longer than anticipated (like weeks longer) so don’t fall off that edge of your seat.
9. I missed Jenny whilst traveling. Lots. And while I love her dearly as she is, I sometimes wish she was tiny enough to fit in a little bag so I could take her anywhere, even though I dislike little bag-dogs. I think I need to ask Mary Poppins where she got her purse.
10. If I am ever in a bathroom –like any bathroom, including family’s bathrooms– if there is a curtain or shower door that I cannot see through, before I can begin any of whatever business I have in there, I must first ensure that there are no murderers or dead bodies in the bathtub/shower. It is a strange fear, I will admit. Just thought I would warn you in the case I ever visit your non-transparent-curtained bathroom and you wonder what the heck I am doing in there.
11. Number 10 got me thinking about bathrooms and it reminded me of one of my biggest pet peeves involving public restrooms — phones. Specifically people who insist on being on the phone while in the public bathroom. Seriously, person in the stall next to me, hang up with your BFF, Tina while you take a whizz, what if she heard someone toot? (I say toot only because I felt really weird about having a post with the word ‘fart’ in it – well shiz, I guess it was unavoidable). I, for one, would think it was really weird if I was talking to someone and I heard a bunch of farty bathroom noises in the background. Not that women toot or fart anyway. Nor do we sweat or burb, because we are ladies. Good day.
12. I have decided if, or when, we get another dog it must be another corgi-mix, or somehow a short-legged version of a normally proportionally legged dog. I have a dream of having a herd of short-legged puppies.
(I hate not citing photos, but these are all just Google Images – well except the first, that is Jenny and I, in which Jenny is standing up, not laying down)
Oops that last one is a cat, but seriously how cute is my fake dog family?
13. I don’t want to get into a discussion about babies, but the other night I had a dream that Alex and I had a little boy and we named him Wesley James Moore and he was required to wear a bow-tie until the age of 10 (I mean, duh, his name was Wesley). But how cute, little onesies (with bow-ties), little toddler get-ups (with bow-ties), and his first day of kindergarten outfit (with a bow-tie and suspenders). We probably shouldn’t have children.
14. Have you seen how cheap these chairs are at Overstock? Once my dining table chairs break down, or when we get a bigger table I am going to get four of these and two of the armed chairs for the head and end of the table. And yes, I know they are knock-offs. I care not.
(Photos from Overstock.com)
15. I think I am going to make my car into an art car. The challenge with this is going to be avoiding becoming really tacky, really fast. I need some ideas. If any of you have any – that you wont be using because you have too nice of a car to sacrifice (I clearly don’t have this problem) – please feel free to share.
Well, thank you for letting me have this day, bloggy friends. I generally hate reading these kind of posts, so you don’t have to like it, just respect that it is my birthday and I don’t give a truck, ’cause it’s my birthday.
Also, as the card Alex got me today states, “If I were Jesus, today would be Christmas.” Happy Ryann-mas.