Today I just got back from a very long, but exciting weekend up in San Francisco/Sacramento. I am running on little-to-no sleep and in my drunken-like-sleepy-state I am reflecting on how I have been treating my body lately. Eating (almost exclusively) junk, drinking too much, working out too little (as in, not at all) and kinda neglecting any general up-keep needs, ie. haircut, severely cracked feet from the heat, etc.
So today I’ve decided to do a detox bath and hopefully kick start an effort in taking better care of mon self.
Here is a recipe that I have put together from my research/bathing experiences:
4 cups Epsom Salts
2 cups Baking Soda
2 tablespoons Ginger
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon Cayenne
16 ounces Hydrogen Peroxide
Now – I am no doctor – so please, make sure this is a safe choice for you before doing a detox bath. Here are a few of my (non-doctor) notes about the process:
1. You will sweat… a lot. This is part of the “detox” process.
2. Be very careful when getting out of the bath – a lot of people can get dizzy.
3. Drink loads of cold water before, during, and after.
4. I usually try to do a 40 minute bath, with a cold water rinse afterwords followed up with bundling myself up, which supposedly helps continue the detox even after the bath.
5. Get a good book and or music to read/listen to and this might just become your new favorite thing.
6. I try not to do this “detox” bath too often. I again am no doctor and don’t know if high frequency detox baths are good or bad for you, but I try to limit them to no more than a couple a month and only when I am feeling particularly tox-full.
If you decide the detox bath, I hope you enjoy – I think I am definitely needing it today, and who knows, maybe I’ll finally start working out again one of these days.