I tend to be the type of person that wears the same earrings every day, maybe rotates two different necklaces, and lets my shoes (and purses) go on and on until I am either stapling or taping them together (both of which, I ACTUALLY have done – not some of my finer moments.) It is also for this reason that I don’t own any bright pink platforms, flower flats, or blue suede shoes. I keep my arsinal small and simple. In fact, I wish I could get away with wearing the same “uniform” every day. It would just remove that whole “challenge” out of the equation. But alas, this is not socially acceptable, and while I do love styling my home, have a great appreciation for fashion, and even pin clothes (including shoes) all day on Pinterest, when it comes down to how I actually dress and shop, I want each piece to be as versatile as possible. I hate the idea of owning a pair of shoes that I can only wear with ONE outfit. I can’t say that this wouldn’t change if I won the lottery, but for now, as an apartment dweller with no space and a wife on a budget, I want my shoes cheap and to get much more than my moneys worth before I need to be super-gluing the heel back into place.
Right now, I am about at the point where my husband is embarassed to see me in my work shoes. They are in rough shape. So when my good friend, Chelsea (who runs her own, very cute, fashion blog, She Said He Said) tweeted a link about how cheap and surprisingly adorable Forever 21’s shoe line was, I quickly browsed and subsequently made a long list of shoes that I desperately wanted. I will admit, I only shop at Forever 21 on occasion, but their clothes are too affordable making it almost hard to avoid. Not to mention they seem to be the Starbucks of women’s clothing and are popping up everywhere. More-or-less, I would say my style isn’t consistantly lined up with theirs, but my goodness the shoes.
Like my apartment, I keep my clothing color palette pretty neutral and unchanged. My walls will forever be painted black and/or white and/or grey, and my shoes will either be black or brown. At least, until my budget greatly increases due to aforementioned lottery winnings. For now, my Forever 21 shoe wishlist is no different. I do have some concerns over the quality of the shoes based on their price, but with the rave reviews, on at least most of my favorites – I imagine I would pretty easily get at least their $20-35 price tag worth of wear out of them.
Here are the seven (yikes) I have narrowed it down to:
1. Ankle Strap Platform Wedges, $24.80 – These would be a great option for my work shoes replacement.
2. Basket Woven Oxfords, $26.80 – I love the idea of these with some rolled up jeans or leggings or shorts or even a summer dress. Maybe I should also buy a summer dress(?)…
3. Tassle Zip Canvas Booties, $32.80 – These ones might be my favorite. I love the look of the shoes, my only concern is my kankle situation – a trip to the actual store may be needed to try these on before committing.
4. Faux Leather Cowboy Booties, $32.80 – There may be a repeat-ing kankle issue here, but if not, I love how these look. I’m thinking skinny jeans, skirts, leggings, etc.
5. Faux Leather Moto Booties, $34.80 – Number four and five are really like brothers from different mothers. The same pros and cons really exist with both – but I need the two color options, naturally.
6.Metal Trim Oxfords, $24.80 – If number three doesn’t work out, I want these in their place. Actually even if number three works out I still kind of love these. Also, they pretty much go with everything.
7. Lace Up Booties, $34.80 – As much as I often feel like I am trying too hard when I wear heels, they do (normally) help make my disproportionally large, tree-stump legs look a bit better/slimmer. I gladly take any help I can get. And these heels feel a bit more approachable to me.
Let’s take a poll – which ones need to end up on my feet? All of them, right? That’s what I thought. All of them.
But really, I appreciate any thoughts. Are these just way too cheap that they must be junk-shoes? Am I seeing things and are these actually all fuzzy Hell0-Kitty slippers? Does anyone have any unwanted Forever 21 gift cards they would like to share so I don’t actually have to make any decisions? Do you hate shoes and think I should go back to not ever talking about them? This is a safe space.. bring on the commentary..
** this post was not sponsored by Forever 21, they just have some nice lookin’ shoes.