Time is flying. How is it already Thursday? This week has been so surreal and it is just the start of how things are going to be for a while.
As I have shared here and all over social media, either in fits of excitement or serious panic, I quit my job a few weeks ago and my last day was last Thursday. We actually moved to Ventura almost three weeks ago, but due to some personal reasons and just to ensure that I didn’t royally screw over some of my coworkers who had PTO plans, I stuck around until the 8th, on some very gracious friends couches and extra bedrooms. You know who you are and thank you very, very much, again for your kindness.
So now it has been four official normal-work days without the work. I mean I am not sitting around staring at my own belly button, I am working through school and a few freelance projects, but it was still a very different experience than what I am used to. Maybe it is too early to say, but I am already torn about what to do with my hair makeup. Obviously I don’t want to waste the time, energy, or product to get myself dolled up for the computer screen, but then sitting around like a slob all day (which may or may not have included an hour or two of literally just wearing my robe yesterday) – is a little depressing.
But really, I am such an introvert that I kinda love it. In fact my biggest concern so far is eventually loving this lifestyle so much that I decide that I don’t actually want anything to do with the real world.
Here is what my days this week looked like:
- Woke up at 7 (this easily could have been 10 AM as I am the champion of sleeping, but I felt too guilty to sleep longer than Alex got to)
- Made breakfast for myself and Alex (meaning reheating the breakfast casserole I make on Sundays for the week)
- Watched the Colbert Report and Daily Show whilst eating breakfast and drinking my grapefruit juice (I skip the interview sections because I generally don’t care, unless it is Kevin Spacey, like on Colbert yesterday)
- Took Jenny out (no wildlife sightings today keeping the count since our move at 1 bobcat, 1 baby coyote, 0 cougars)
- Iced coffee, which is, just heavenly
- Treehouse Web Classes (working my way though deep dive of CSS right now, wild and crazy stuff)
- Snack time yay!
- More class
- P90x – still can’t walk.. laugh.. move..
- Shower time yay!
- Protein shake (this recipe needs some serious improvement so I wont bother sharing it with you)
- More class or freelance work
- General to-dos, emails, etc.
- Blogged or worked on blog post ideas
- More class
- Got dressed
- Long dog walk or puppy park
- Did my housewife duty and made dinner
- AND repeat……
On the side of everything I am also continuing to work on my personal website and while I have taken some very basic photos of myself, the photo below, source: gillagilla makes me want to have a fun portrait session for real.